Saturday, December 08, 2007

Goodbye


Have you ever had a goodbye that just seemed too easy? Today Esh left to go back home to Israel. Esh's Aunt, Uncle, and I all went to the airport with her and sat and chatted and laughed for about an hour. No tears were shed, though I think Esh and I came pretty close during the goodbye hug. I came home, at lunch, read the Bible with my family and napped. I missed her all day long and kept thinking of things I wanted to tell her "tonight when we hung out." More than once I had to remind myself that that night we'll hang out together won't be for a while. She called me from Houston for about 3 minutes, she texted from New Jersey and then she was gone. Thankfully we had dinner at some friend's house tonight and were still there when departure for Tel Aviv took place. On the way home I made a bad decision. I listened to her Israeli CD that we often listened to together. Ouch! I got home and the big cry came. I don't wish she was still here. More than anything I wish I was on that plane to Tel Aviv with her. I miss her, I miss her family and I miss Israel. I miss everything about that place. The hard things that grow you stronger, the yummy things that make your tummy smile, the view that make you smile, and the people that make you laugh and cry. It's such a wonderful blend. I guess I'll have to just agree with the card I gave Esh for the plane: Out of sight out of mind really is a big lie. Someday, someday, someday. . .

4 comments:

[ amy ] said...

That whole post could just make me bawl right there. I MISS YOU SO MUCH! And I'm so sad I don't get to see Ashley anytime soon :( Bah... you'd better come see me soon OR ELSE. I cannot flippin' WAIT for this semester to be over... so I can go home and then you'll come see me!

At the very least, during some break or summer or whenever, we're making a day or overnight trip to Abilene... that wouldn't be too bad! If it was just a day or overnight, maybe I could steal the car. Hmm!

But I can't wait to see you in mere WEEKS!!

Mel said...

Aw! That's what best friends are for. They cry together.

You better believe that I'm not on call from a couple weeks ago until mid January so I'm definately planning on coming to see you!!!! I could pack up now and beat you there! I can hardly wait to see you! It's been so very long.

Mel said...

Oh, a Spring Break trip sounds fun too. I'll have to see if I'm on call. Also, Esh should be here then so maybe she could go too!!!! That would be uber awesomeness.

[ amy ] said...

Yeah, if I'm home over spring break, Abilene is a fixed plan. Melody AND Rosa's! WOOT! :)

te quiero (: