Saturday, July 05, 2008

I didn't think I was in a hurry!

Me with wild afterswimming bangs
I enjoyed a nice relaxing 4th of July yesterday. Yesterday afternoon a couple of friends and I were planning to go swimming but the public pool was closed. So, Thomas let us come swim at his aparment complex. This random guy asked Thomas if we were Russian because he heard the "accent." We of course told him we had all grown up right here in town. He then pointed at me and said that I definately didn't look American and looked Russian to him. I controled my laughter and remained rather confused. It turns out he's Egyptian but moved to the states when he was 14.
Someone mentioned all of us had done some international travel so he told us that he'd like to visit "Israel, or Palestine someday." I bit my tongue. HARD!

Later I went out to some friend's house with my family and swam some more, road four-wheelers and ate BBQ. It was a rather wonderful day. Too bad I didn't get a tan or burn even without sunscreen.

3 comments:

[ amy ] said...

and where is that picture you took for me??

uj said...

hello my little whiffery...very cute picture. wish I were swimming. Your Egyptian friend must be in deNILE. booooo.

miss you...hope to c u again one day soon.
uj

[ amy ] said...

...didn't i comment on this again? if not, i meant to thank you kindly. muchly appreciated.