Friday, February 22, 2008

Serving


Tonight I am full of restless feelings. I want to go somewhere, I want to be serving others, I want to be living a life of selflessness. I see others around me dedicating their lives to helping those that don't have the bare necessities of life. My friends are leaving the comfort of their American homes and their families to give their time and energy to those less well off. Tonight I've been reading people's blogs and this theme keeps coming up. Though I know I'm where God wants me to be right now it makes me think and pray and ask God what I'm supposed to be doing while here. Who am I supposed to help? How am I supposed to help others? I want to dedicate every single moment of every single day to God's plan for my life. That may not include gloriously obvious servant opportunities. It may be sitting in the lobby at school and listening to a complete stranger pour out their life story to me. It could be smiling and telling the cashier at the grocery store thank you. Or it might be going to the local orphans and reading them a story or playing with them. Everyday it may be something different but I know that He has something planned for me and I need to walk it out rather I understand it or ever know why I need to follow and not be the leader. No matter how great an idea I have sounds unless it's what I'm supposed to do it's not a great idea.


Well, enough rambling for the night. . .

No comments: