Monday, April 09, 2007

Adventures in Mel Land!


Guess what?
Okay, my dad has been telling me I need to go to the car wash because my car has bird poop on it and that can ruin the paint. Yesterday he brought me a ticket for a free car wash so today I decided I'd go and make my dad happy. I didn't have much time so I took my book with me to study from while waiting in line. . . Well, the person in front of me was the last one to get the prescrub because it was quitting time. Thus, I got no prerinse to get the bird stuff off. Oh, well. So I pull on into the car wash and it starts. I lean over toward the passenger seat and study. Next thing I know my left hip is soaking wet. Yep. The drivers side door now leaks profusely. As I unbuckle quickly I look for something that's absorbant. All I see is two of my jackets. I put the grey one on the seat to soak up the water there and hold the denim one up to the long leaky part each time the water goes by. The jacket helped but more than once it just guided the water straight down to my feet where it made splashing noises. Finally the car wash is over and I am now supposed to drive home while sitting in a DRENCHED seat. No, I refuse! So, while sitting mostly in the middle seat (good thing I have 6 foot long Barbie legs) I try to buckle back up and drive like a normal human being. Man, the way everything looks is so different from the middle of the car. I got home climbed out and guess what? Not one bit of bird poop had come off after that whole ordeal!!!!!! So, I had to come in and get a bowl of water and go scrub it off myself. The car wash really didn't do anything for my car at all. It still looks awful and I'll have to wash it myself as usual as soon as I get the chance. ARGH!

By the way. The picture was taken about a year ago. I found a fork in my car and decided to put on my best road rage face. However I do believe that pic was taken at the very same intersection that the carwash I went to today is at.

2 comments:

[ amy ] said...

HAHAHAHA!

I'm sorry.... but I cannot stop laughing, because that could only happen to you! Or, actually, that would've happened to both of us together.

But it's really funny!

*laughs more and falls off chair*

Morgan said...

Great tale of woe, Mel!!! : ) I love the pick of your road rage, too!